Specialists In Fiberglass Shingles
In Alexandria, VA
Residential and Commercial Fiberglass Roofs
Fiberglass shingles have many advantages over traditional roofing materials, making them an ideal choice for residential and commercial roofing projects. A fiberglass shingle consists of a glass fiber mat coated with asphalt and topped with a protective layer. This makes them highly durable and resistant to fire, wind, and hail. With fiberglass shingles, your roofing project will be more efficient and cost-effective.
Your Local Roofing Contractors
We are the top-rated, full-service fiberglass shingle company in Alexandria, VA, and the surrounding areas. It is our priority to provide you with the highest quality fiberglass shingles, the most experienced employees, and the best customer service available.
We are your go-to option if you are looking for certified experts who can help with fiberglass shingles. As certified fiberglass shingles contractors, we offer the most comprehensive warranties on fiberglass shingles for your home or building.
Fiberglass shingles Benefits
These are some of the benefits of fiberglass shingles:
- Easy installation: Due to the lightweight nature of fiberglass shingles, roofers have an easier time installing and repairing them than slate or tile roofs. Fiberglass shingles are also considerably less expensive than wood or metal shingles.
- Fire-resistant: A fiberglass shingle has a higher fire resistance than organic asphalt shingle and other materials, offering the owner a superior level of safety.
- Environmentally friendly: Fiberglass shingles are more environmentally friendly since they contain less asphalt and can be recycled at the end of their service life.
- Adaptability: There are a wide variety of colors, thicknesses, and finishes available for fiberglass shingles. It is possible to mix and match these components to create a combination that will truly match the architectural style you desire.
Time to replace
What's the best time to replace your fiberglass shingles?
Like any other roofing material, fiberglass shingles are not designed to last forever. There are a few signs that it is time to schedule a roof inspection (which may lead to a roof replacement or roof repair):
- It is normal to notice a few missing shingles if you live in a climate prone to tornado-like winds or harsh winters. However, missing shingles indicate that you need to have your roof repaired.
- Shingles that have curled, buckled, or cracked will lose their structural integrity.
- Granules on your shingles may fall off due to foot traffic on your roof or an extreme weather event. However, granules can also fall off due to normal aging, such as losing their color over time. Contact your roof inspector if you notice granules in your gutters.
- Shingles that are discolored are more than just an aesthetic problem. This could be a sign of water damage, rot, or the growth of algae or moss that is harmful to the roof.
- You should not ignore a roof leak caused by rain by putting a pan underneath it and ignoring it until it rains again. The damage caused by water can spread rapidly and result in your roof sagging.
Would you like to know more about fiberglass shingle roofing?
We at Golden Tree Roofing are fiberglass shingle roofing specialists who can help you with all your roofing needs. Get in touch with us today to learn more about this affordable roofing alternative. We provide free phone consultations and free quotes without any obligation.
Is it possible to install fiberglass shingles on my own?
The installation of shingles, particularly for larger projects, should be left to professionals who have experience navigating rooftops without causing damage.
How long do fiberglass shingles usually last?
The lifespan of asphalt shingles is affected by many factors, such as weathering and maintenance. An average fiberglass shingle has a lifespan of 25 years or more. It is possible to extend the lifespan of fiberglass shingles by inspecting them frequently and repairing any damage as soon as possible.
How fragile are fiberglass shingles?
Fiberglass shingles, despite their name, are extremely durable and tough. It is resistant to leakage, sun damage, and rotting under severe weather conditions. Fiberglass roofs are known for their durability because of their strength.
What is the difference between fiberglass shingles and asphalt shingles?
The traditional asphalt shingle is composed of two layers of asphalt and roofing felt, followed by a final layer of gravel. A layer of asphalt and felt sheds water, while a layer of gravel protects the shingle from environmental elements.
The fiberglass shingles do not contain a felt layer; instead, they have a highly durable fiberglass mat between the two layers of asphalt. A fiberglass shingle will last longer under most conditions because it breaks down more slowly than traditional felt.
Is fiberglass roofing energy-efficient?
The properties of fiberglass and other composite materials make them inherently insulating. Composite and fiberglass are used in certain types of insulated replacement windows. The properties of fiberglass shingles are similar. Fiberglass shingles can provide significant energy savings when they are combined with "cool roof" features such as reflective coatings and light-colored granules.